Saturday, February 2, 2013

Going Fishing

-->
When you go out fishing somewhere, the local bass pond or trout stream, what do you want to see when you get there. It could be the beautiful scenery; the wildlife could come strolling into view, but for me the one thing I want to see is the fish. I want to see the action of them striking that dry fly, the fight they put up against me, their vibrant colors, and then to see it swim away. That’s what I want to see when I go out fishing, but that’s not what always happens. What usually happens, I get excited expecting to get a fish strike, I get to river, get all rigged up and ready to go, make a couple of cast in one spot and then move on to the next one, I stay there till it gets dark, and when come to that time to go. When I leave with no fish my self-esteem gets lowered slightly more, when I can’t fool that dumb stock trout. I think to myself, I don’t even want to fish any more and if I don’t catch any thing its not worth going, but then I’m told maybe you should tie flies prepare a good mind set. So that’s what I do tie flies to clear the mind of all its frustrations. When I return to the river with a clear mind that’s when I do get a strike, I may have not caught the fish but getting a strike is just as good and I accept its not all about the fish. Its just being there is what it’s about.

No comments: